In FY 2020, federal agencies reported paying more than $101 million in awards of attorney’s fees and other expenses under EAJA.
– In total, 16 federal agencies reported 15,596 separate awards totaling $101,420,591.45.
– Of the 15,596 total awards, 15,569 were made in court cases, and 21 were made in adversary adjudications (6 were unclassified by the agency).
– In total, 47 federal agencies reported paying no EAJA awards during FY 2020.
– Of the 58 agencies contacted, the Office of the Chairman achieved a 98% compliance rate. Just one agency did not report by March 30, 2021, in response to the Office of the Chairman’s requests.
* All totals current as of March 30, 2021.