In FY 2022, federal agencies reported paying more than $179 million in awards of attorney’s fees and other expenses under EAJA.
– In total, 17 federal agencies reported 18,341 separate awards totaling $179,508,528.91.
– Of the 18,341 total awards, 18,331 were made in court cases, and 10 were made in adversary adjudications.
– In total, 37 federal agencies reported paying no EAJA awards during FY 2021.
– Of the 58 agencies contacted, the Office of the Chairman achieved a 93 percent compliance rate. Just four agencies did not report by March 31, 2023, in response to the Office of the Chairman’s requests.
* All totals current as of March 31, 2023.