The Administrative Conference of the United States is recruiting for a Communications Director. This position will remain open until March 19 and all US Citizens may apply. Interested candidates should apply on the USAJobs Website. The incumbent in this position:
- Serves as the main point of contact for the media to ensure the ACUS mission, direction, and policies are communicated clearly and in a manner that maintains positive and trusting relationships with media representatives.
- Organizes and provides logistical support for Agency conferences, workshops, and other events that support the mission of the agency.
- Serves as a point of contact with Congress and the ACUS committees on appropriations matters, reports, and meets with members prior to the Congressional hearings.
- Prepares a variety of written and oral presentations for release to the media, including press releases, responses to testimonies before Congress, and oral presentations.
- Represents the ACUS at public functions which vary greatly in size, purpose and audience such as conventions or other invitational functions.
- Prepares articles, speeches, briefings, news releases, fact sheets, and responses to requests for information on ACUS decision-making including ACUS recommendations to improve regulatory efficiency.
- Maintains and updates the agency's website, listservs, and social media components consistent with federal requirements and also serves as a primary point of contact for outside contractors who service the agency website.