CLE materials are now available for the Oct. 16, 2014 ABA event ACUS: The View from the Federal Bench. Several prominent active and retired federal judges (list below) will reflect on the work of the Administrative Conference—especially as it bears on matters of judicial review— in a presentation moderated by Conference Chairman Paul Verkuil at the American Bar Association's 2014 Administrative Law Fall Conference.
To register and pay for the 2014 Administrative Law Fall Conference, click here.
- Patricia McGowan Wald (Retired, U.S. Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit)
- Stephen F. Williams (Senior Circuit Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the DC Circuit)
- S. Jay Plager (Senior Circuit Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit)
- John M. Walker, Jr. (Senior Circuit Judge, U.S. Court of Appeals for the 2nd Circuit)
- AdministrativeFix Blog, Opinions on ACUS: The U.S. Supreme Court
- Recommendation 2012-6, “Reform of 28 U.S.C. Section 1500”
- S. 2769, A bill to ensure appropriate judicial review of Federal Government actions by amending the prohibition on the exercise of jurisdiction by the United States Court of Federal Claims of certain claims pending in other courts (introduced July 31, 2014).
- AdministrativeFix Blog, Bipartisan Senate Bill Would Implement Recommendation 2012-6 and The ABA Takes Swift Action in Support of Recommendation 2012-6
- ABA Resolution Urging Congress to Implement Recommendation 2012-6
- Recommendation 2013-4, “Administrative Record in Informal Rulemaking”
- Recommendation 2013-6, “Remand Without Vacatur”
- Administrative Conference Act
- ACUS Fact Sheet
- Prepared Statements of Honorable Stephen Breyer and Honorable Antonin Scalia Before the Committee of the Judiciary, May 2010
- ACUS Recommendations Relating to Judicial Review