The Host Organizations of the U.S. Celebration of World Standards Day 2013 present "The U.S. Public-Private Standardization System: A Critical Tool for a Strong Economy and Nation."
Join us for a dialogue on the benefits of the U.S. public-private standardization system and how the consensus process can help in the development of solutions to public policy issues before Congress.
Topics will include:
- Incorporation by Reference
- Third-Party Global Supply Chain
- Cybersecurity Authentication
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Smart Grid
The speakers will be:
- Paul R. Verkuil, Chairman, Administrative Conference of the United States (ACUS)
- S. Joe Bhatia, President and CEO, American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
- George Arnold, Director, Standards Coordination Office, National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
A question-and-answer period will follow. A brown bag lunch will be provided.